Wednesday, November 28, 2012

God will only give you what you can handle


We're in week 9!  I've been absent from the blog for a bit for a few reasons, one is simply  I didn't have much to say.  Things had really gotten better, more manageable, reasonable, less stressful, less temper tantrums from the boy, hubby was physically tired but actually in good spirits.  I really feel like we're in a good spot right now.  A few weeks ago we were really having a tough time adjusting (as you probably already read).  Hubby was absent much of the week and when he was here he was studying, writting papers, shinning boots or plain exhausted. He had missed a few family/friend functions and missed out on some of our evening dinners which is all new for us.  We missed him and he was missing us.  I had always heard and some-what believed that "God will never give you more then you can handle"  I now know and believe this to be true.  I don't consider myself a religious person, I pray daily but am not a every weekend church go-er.   Things were REALLY tough for us and with some time and prayer they just got a little easier. He has been home a few nights in time for dinner, he's adjusted to the early mornings and challenging PT so he's not so exhausted anymore.  He had a few holiday's this month too which helped for family time and rest.   Last night he made it in time to watch our girl sing with her class.  So the saying is true- God really will not give you more then you can handle.

   Another reason I haven't written in a while was becuase  I was also  feeling a bit self-involved-creating this blog and felt like I was complaining constantly.  I am NOT a complainer nor am I a negative person. So I will be working on staying true to who I am and being positive even in tougher times.  My original plan was to create a blog for getting thru the academy and soon-to-be police wifes while also updating family members along the journey too.   And I hope it is just that.

    Today  hubby had what we call a mini-swing shift. He went in at 12:30 pm and will be off at 9:30pm.  It was nice because he got to sleep in a little,  take our girl to school and have coffee and breakfast with me and our boy.  He then took our boy to pre-school and came home to study a bit.  It was nice to spend the morning with him. He's continuing to not only pass in all the tests but excel in the class and become one of the leaders the others look up to. Him and a few others have been recognized for their accomplishments and how well they are doing. I'm sure for hubby it's a nice feeling and helps with the mental struggle a bit.  I know I am so so proud of him and us.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree. It may seem hard as you're in it, and all of the kind words such as "it doesn't last forever" and "its been his dream" and "He'll be so proud when he's done" only offers a little comfort because you're in it feeling every strong emotion. It seems to have no end. But here we are, coming out of the hard start and adjusting. This is your new life for now and it's a hell of a learning experience. This blog is soo great for you and your followers because it is just that. Its your time to learn as well as the hubby's. Things are getting easier because you've learned. And 10 years from now you'll be so thankful you wrote all of this down so you can remind yourself how hard it was for you then, and it (as everything else) will pass and you'll come out stronger and wiser than ever. Love you- Proud Sister :)

    ReplyDelete