Thursday, November 8, 2012

All these emotions...

Day 22 Week 3

The commute and missing out on time with the kids is really getting to the hubby these days.  At his other job he was able to get to the gym, pick up the kids and start dinner daily.    To keep some routine for the family I make sure dinner is ready to be put on the table when he arrives so that we can sit down as a family for dinner as we always have.  No TV, no phones, no homework, just us and our conversations.
I can see something is bothering him right when he walks in tonight though.  After we read the nightly stories to the kids and they're in bed we talk.  The hubby begins to tell me in detail how hard the day was.  And by hard I mean emotionally, viewing crime scenes and learning to write reports from horrible crime scene's. He's visibly shaken and for the first time  un-easy about this dream job he thought for so long was meant for him.   These new thoughts along with missing the family time is really taking its toll. The emotional roller coaster is beginning.  He's the strongest person I know and he's breaking down, what am I supposed to do as his wife?
 As always, very positive, I hug and tell him to be strong and focus on the future.  One day at a time and I know you can do this babe.  I love you.   While I, too am un-easy about this new job and our future.....

No comments:

Post a Comment