Friday, November 9, 2012

My outlet

Last May I ran my first half marathon in SF with my cousin and some great friends. I would never normally consider myself a "runner" but a friend approached me with the idea and I thought, hey why not?! I had wanted to get in shape anyway and thought it'd be a great way to start.  I/we all trained for 10+ weeks to run our 13.1 miles and boy was it an experiance!!  I found however that running was so so good for my mind, my body and my soul.  I ended up completing the half marathon in 2 hours and 26 min. I had a goal of a much better time, but hey I completed it!   After the half marathon I felt as if I needed something else to continue my fitness journey.  Although I had found a new liking to running, I wanted to take my fitness to a new level, I needed something MORE and a new challenge.  Another friend of mine was looking amazing and turned me on to Jamie Eason's 12 week Live Fit program at BodyBuilding.com ! I am IN LOVE with this program and all of Jamie's recipes.  I have since completed the 12 weeks and then started over recently in the 3rd week to complete the12 again. I am seeing real results and feel amazing. I for the first time in my life enjoy fitness, running, weight training and just being at the gym. I put on my music and just DO IT. It feels amazing. This has been my best outlet for all the stress. I highly recommend it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment