Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A trip to the uniform store

The days leading up to hubby's first day of the academy were very exciting for me I wasnt really affraid or nervous at all. (My thought was: he's incredibly smart so the academic part will be easy and he's physically in shape- so all the physical tests will be easy! I dont really after worry until 6 months from now when he goes out on duty!)  Everyone around us was so supportive and just as excited as I was.     The Friday before his first day him and I took a trip to the city for the day just him and I.  On our way though we had to stop at a uniform store to pick up a book that he needed for the academy. I thought nothing of it, just going to a uniform store, not too fun, but hey- I'm supporting him and it's a store- I love shopping! Hey I may even find something I'll need to buy..... YEAH right!! 
As I walk into this store I see 3 uniformed officers, a fire chief (also in his uniform), bullet proof vests, police hats, police pants, boots, official looking police jackets, ticket writting book thingys (or whatever they are called) and all of a sudden I am over come with anxiety and really freaked out.  This just became VERY REAL. I am going to be a Police Officer's WIFE. WOW.

1 comment:

  1. I can't even begin to imagine the anxiety of all of that. Makes it verrryy real :/

    ReplyDelete