Thursday, March 9, 2017

Livin' the dream....

 In September 2015 Hubby was offered the job of a police officer in our hometown.  All of his hard work, perseverance and patience had paid off.  This is when our favorite catch phrase "livin' the dream" became kind of our thing. I had worked part time allowing me to be with the kids more, but it also allowed me to take day trips to the beach and such. HE often would give me a bad time about "living the dream" Well now, he truly DOES LIVE THE DREAM. 

 He's wanted to be a police officer for as long as I have known him and he often talked about coming to work in the town he grew up in, but I never supported it and he supported me in that decision. You can imagine his excitement when I did give my "ok" to move forward with applying.( you can read a bit more about this in the previous post)  I knew from the moment he applied he would get the job. His work ethic is solid, he shows up early, does what he's told and leaves late if necessary. He's a local boy and he worked in a different department of the city for 12 years before law enforcement and they loved him there too.  There was no doubt he was coming home to work and I needed to get prepared for this. Which I did, I think...more to come on that!  

For now I get to joke with him that HE lives the dream, especially when he's off to a training which includes driving a car really fast, shooting guns, hanging around all the guys, etc.. It's every mans dream I am sure! 


The truth is, we are both "livin' the dream", I love my life just the way it is. 

-Proud Wifey

 

No comments:

Post a Comment