Thursday, March 9, 2017

Changes for the wifey

For most all of my adult working life I have been around the Real Estate business. I started when I was 20 years old in a title department at First American Title Co of Napa. It was there that I learned a great deal and really became very interested in the real estate industry. I moved on to the escrow department which was my favorite position at First American. 

 Then kids and family life happened, so I left First American after  9 great years. I took a part time job at a State Farm Insurance office and it served it's purpose for 5 years. I was able to be a mom first and not worry about work or commuting to work. As the kids grew I knew that I needed to start thinking about something else, I loved who I worked for at State Farm, but insurance was not for me. I needed to get back to Real Estate. I went to work with a great friend in property management, it didn't take too long before I knew that was not for me either! I began working as a transaction coordinator for a real estate office. This was awesome, I felt like myself again, it was like I was back in escrow! While doing this job though I realized that I had so much more potential, an assistant was just not who I was. First of all, I like to be the boss always! :/   I am driven, I am motivated, and now 15 years later, I am educated in this industry! The hubby has always urged me to sell real estate. I had a real estate license and every time a family member or friend was involved in a real estate transaction I was a phone call away for advise or my "two sense" when needed.  But the thought of long evenings, working  weekends and inconsistent pay just didn't really sound like a good gig for me. But as I worked the transaction coordinator position it really opened my eyes to my own potential and I realized it wasn't exactly what I thought. I can make my own hours. After much thought and discussion with the hubby I went and talked with the broker. And just like that, the very next month I was selling real estate! 

In my first 9 months I closed 11 transactions and earned the recognition of "rookie of the year"! I was blown away by the immediate success. This rarely happens in real estate. New agents can be lucky to close 3-4 transactions in their 1st year! I am so grateful,  I have the best family and friends. I had so much support and referrals right away. It was a great year! 

-Proud Wifey (and now Realtor)

No comments:

Post a Comment