Friday, January 25, 2013

Note to Self; GET A HOBBY

This week hubby's on the late schedule at the academy.  This means I am all alone just me and my thoughts every evening. (well our German Shepard is laying next to me too of course)  The kids are in bed, lunches made, face washed, coffee pot ready for the morning etc. It's all done... sooooo what do I do now?? This is normally the time hubby and I catch up and talk about our day and watch our shows together.  I have a few of my own shows on the DVR but caught up on those the first night.  It occurs to me I need a hobby (or more TV shows to watch)... but what?!?  For now it's going to be blogging(both reading and writing) and enjoying this little bit of quiet time to myself.  The fact is, it's temporary. We don't know yet what his shift will be after graduation. Which by the way is now 10 weeks away!!! I finally feel like we are in the home stretch, it feels so good I am really looking forward to graduation day. 
Between now and then though I do need to consider a hobby of some sort. I enjoy blogging and plan to continue, but let's be honest there's only so much I can blog about- our lives are not that interesting!! LOL
 As we close week 17, I feel really good about our future in this and look forward to it even. I would say I've come a long way from the first day he came to me with this career change and applied for the job. I have ALWAYS supported him, but I was really scared and very apprehensive of what we were getting into. I am still scared, but I feel more prepared and know that he's getting the very best training there is and will continue too with this agency.  He's very happy with his career change and I couldn't be happier for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment