Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My first MAJOR scare..

I had always read and heard that if something happened to hubby it would be a local sheriff or his agency to come tell me. AND knew nothing else. In fact him and I never even talked about it, I mean he's been a deputy for all of about 5 minutes! (actually almost 9 weeks since graduation..) 

Anyway, it was a Tuesday morning. I was just getting my day started at work, hubby had already been on for 4+ hours. A local county Sheriff pulls into my work parking lot. (a little odd since I work in an office where we don't see any LE at all, normally) I immediately think something awful has happened to the Hubby.  My heart is racing, I am shaking, getting light headed even and thinking about 1,000 things a second. I am staring at his car not hearing a thing go on in my office, feeling like it's hard to breathe even.   It feels like an eternity for him to get out of his car and walk into my office just to find out NOTHING is wrong and it was something not even related to me or my husband! (my stomach is hurting and I feel anxious just re-calling the morning)

  Hubby and I had a long talk that night! lol  Come to find out it would in fact would be HIS dept/agency, HIS Lieutenant and or Sergeant and at least 2 Sheriff's always. This info would have been nice to know before this awfully stressful Tuesday morning! 

Before this day I felt like I was actually doing pretty good with the job in general and seeing Hubby SO happy, fulfilled daily and so full of pride in his work that I can't help but just be so happy for him that he's living out his dream. But this day was a minor set back for me, the danger of the job itself really became real. Lets face it, hubby wears a BULLET PROOF vest to go to his job, there is NOTHING normal about that. At some point I hope to be less paranoid and more accepting of the job and having faith he will come home at the end of every shift safely to us, his family. 

2 comments:

  1. This exact same thing happened to me after my hubby first started working! Only it was at our house, and it was a county sheriff trying to serve some papers to a previous tenant. The feeling in the pit of my stomach and my heart racing...I still remember how scary those few minutes were. It's getting easier to see him leave and not worry the whole day, but I often stop and pray for him at random times. I think you'll get more comfortable about the whole thing in time. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wife in Blue! Agreed that it's getting easier. And I pray pretty much every morning when he leaves...

      Delete