Thursday, February 28, 2013

Change?

 The other night while shinning boots and brass hubby says he's noticed quite a change in most of the other academy students. The way they act, their attitude, their demeanor all the way around. But he hadn't noticed it in himself.  He asked if I see or notice a change in him?  I looked at him and thought about this for a minute. I haven't seen a change at all actually- what kind of change was he looking for exactly?... because I kinda like him the way he is and was hoping not much change would happen..? I mean I expected some, naturally, but not dramatic.   So I responded - what kind of change are you lookin for?  He says, oh I don't know, maybe more "official" or something? We both laughed.  

After thinking about this for a while I realized something. Hubby has wanted to be a police officer his entire life, as long as he can remember. Since I have known him he's carried himself in a way of someone who holds themselves to a higher standard than most. In his personal life and professional life. He is dedicated, loyal, smart, keeps things tidy, truthful, fair, funny, strong- incredibly strong, his emotions almost always kept in-check.  He's the one you call when your in trouble, or when you don't know what to say, because he knows exactly what TO say.  He's the guy you want in your corner and the one that will be there if you ask. This is the reason I feel that we've not seen much, if any change in him. This job, is in his blood, it's who he is. He was made to do this. I couldn't be happier or more proud to be supporting him through the journey of achieving his dream. 

3 comments:

  1. Well said :) you are both incredibly lucky to have one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very gifted in the way you express yourself. I'm very proud of you and so blessed to call you my niece. Thanks again for sharing your heart and life. You are amazing! Kenny is so blessed to have you in his life. You are such a great support to him. And I can see he knows that about you. xo... Love your Auntie Eileen

    ReplyDelete